Medistus® Antivirus is a lozenge that contains Kistosyn® 100 extract - that creates a physical barrier
over the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat. This barrier can make it difficult for viruses and bacteria to attach.
Medistus® Antivirus contains a polyphenol-rich combination of herbal extracts, Kistosyn® 100 extract and gum arabic. Medistus® Antivirus is a medical device product. Efficacy and safety have been tested according to the European Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC).
Medistus® Antivirus is a medical device product with a novel impact. Kistosyn® 100 extract contains polyphenols and forms a protective film over the mouth and throat mucous membranes. This protective barrier leads to a physical (mechanical) barrier against viruses and bacteria which prevents their penetration into body cells and their further propagation. In addition, cough and dry cough is alleviated by the drug gum arabic. Due to this physical effect resistance development is not possible.
• Acts as a protective film
• Forms a natural barrier
• Assists preventively and at the first sign of infection
• Alleviates cough and dry cough
- For protection at increased risk of airways infection
of viral and bacterial origin.
- Even at the first signs of scratching in the throat.
- Adults: Dissolve a lozenge slowly in the mouth 3 to 6 times a day.
SustainabilityNotes and information concerning the shelf life of the medical device Medistus® Antivirus lozenges shall be used up until the „best before” date marked on the box.
Form and content
Original packaging with 10 lozenges.
Active ingredients: Kistosyn® 100 extract
Other ingredients: maltitol, sorbitol, purified water, ascorbic acid, citric acid, flavor, vegetable oil, stevia extract, peppermint oil. No preservatives and colorants. Sugar, gluten and lactose free.
- To support by physical means the natural barrier function of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa against viruses and bacteria infecting the respiratory tract.
- For the prevention of infectious and inflammatory airways diseases of viral and bacterial origin by physical (mechanical) barrier formation on the pharyngeal mucosa.
- For the alleviation of cough and dry cough.
- Also applicable at the first signs of scratching in the throat.
Keep out of reach of small children. Suitable for children older than 6 years. Suitable also for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
There are no side effects known.
There are no counter indications known.
To avoid interactions, in case of taking medicines orally, please leave a pause of 4 hours between the intakes or consult your doctor.